A page filled with long paragraphs will deter readers. Don't make the reading look like work. Rather use plenty of white space to ensure readers that it'll be a quick read.
When reading on the web, people do not read long pieces word for word. They scan the content to see if there is anything earth-shattering that they must read.
Suggestions for web content that will catch the attention of readers:
1. Make every word count. Leave out as many adjectives as possible and all of the adverbs. Keep to the words that convey the message.That's it.... Any comments or additions to the list are welcome.
2. Choose keywords for the article with care and use them frequently to ensure the search engines will find the topic within your blog content.
3. Blog content should consist of short paragraphs or, better yet, lists that are easy to read.
4. Use headings to draw attention to your content. Pay close attention to headings and sub-headings. They might be the only thing that catches the eye of readers and convinces them to read.
5. Use white space to your advantage. Make the piece easier for the reader by breaking up the reading with blank space.
6. Use lists and graphics to get your point across in a short-handed fashion while keeping the reader interested in your content.
7. Talk to the readers through your blog content. Use a conversational tone and always ask for comments.