Don't verb nouns.
Never ever use repetitive redundancies
Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague. -- William Safire
William Safire had some wise advice for writers, but none is as entertaining as the conglomeration above.
Writing is important to all of us. I imagine you're reading this and other blogs because it helps to hear what other writers are doing with their space on the Internet. We are drawn to share our thoughts and experiences with each other because we are a community of writers...
You belong to that community of obsessed writers if you ...
1. crawl out of bed and go to the computer, to check the posts of others first thing in the morning;
2. stop to buy a pen if you leave the house without one;
3. always carry a notebook with you and doodle or write it it for comfort;
4. have three or more books spread open on the coffee table, on the bedside table, on your pillow and in the kitchen... just in case you find a minute or two to write;
5. aren't upset if you wake up early and can't get back to sleep... (you don't count it as lost sleep - you count it as found writing time);
6. you have stacks of papers and sticky notes containing those "perfect" ideas for your next novel.
Feel free to add to the list!