I persevered, and then I ventured out to some other blogs and found that reading them fired me up to write more and share more. I started commenting on their blogs and found that commenting (participating) helped me remember the advice from those blogs.
Then I decided to try Twitter and the world opened up for me -- so much so that I wrote a book on how to get up and going on Twitter. Some people use Twitter just to market their book (or whatever product they have), but in addition to a place to mention a product, it's
- a great place to find help on a fact you can't nail down
- a great place to just throw a favorite quote to the wind and see who likes it as well
- a great place to ask others for do-it-yourself help
- a great place to tell others what's on your mind and see who might have a comment
- a great place to chat with others when you're happy, sad, enthused...