When you write your blog posts, pay attention to your style as well as to the information you are conveying. You, of course, want your blog to be interesting, informative and entertaining to gain and keep the interest of your readers. In addition, it needs to be easy to read. Here are some of the parts and qualities of winning posts.
1. Keep it short. Magazine articles and newspaper articles are much shorter than they used to be. This generation of readers are into quick consumption of information. Therefore, keep the length of your blog post to approximately 400 words.
2. Be sure there is enough white space on the page to make your post look inviting to the reader. When writers are confronted with a solid page of words, they are apt to move on to a more inviting blog. Be sure to format your post in a number of paragraphs as well as including lists or bullets to make it easier to read.
3. Check for errors and then check again. It's important to make sure your post is free of errors, so your readers can move through it without having their attention sidetracked by a spelling or grammatical error.
4. Write in a friendly voice. You may have a wonderful vocabulary, but if you are trying to attract the masses, use the vocabulary of the masses.
5. Close with a summary of the intent of your post and invite your readers to comment.
Apply these methods and you'll be writing winning blog posts in no time. If you have suggestions to add, feel free to include them in the comments section.